Sunday, May 18, 2008

I'm an arrogant cocky b*tch! LOL

I've been told that people (or a person rather...) think that I'm dao, which means cocky and arrogant in some chinese dialect. Now I find that rather amusing as it is shocking. I wonder if people really think of me like that?

Sure I don't have many friends, but you think I want that meh? People don't want to be my friends mar... I'm not popular or good looking so they don't want to friend me lar... So because they don't want to make the effort to know me, I should make the effort to know them instead is it? Is that what you're saying? Hmm? So I have to try to make them like me or something? That's kinda sad in my opinion. I guess in that sense, I'm proud. But why do you want me to stoop that low?

You're probably thinking, what does being dao and having no friends have in common? What's the link between them, why one minute I'm talking about being dao, the other minute I'm talking about having no friends. Don't ask me. I dunno.

Sigh... Whatever lar...

PS. I'm not posting this so that you all can console me and what not. However I would like to know what you think.

Hahaha quite dumb eh, this post...

4 comments:

ChaosGenesis said...

hahaha....

i dunu abt U.. but i tink making friends is a MUTUAL process... but SOMEONE has 2 take d 1st step!

odds are... SOMEONE will want 2 take d 1st step 2 noe u... but... dat rate is MUCH lower compared to if U were to take d 1st step! (cuz u cnt ctrl d rate of wich other ppl wanting 2 talk 2 u... but d rate of wich u talk 2 ppl is defnly in ur ctrl!)

hence... if u start talking 2 ppl or sth... u wud increase ur friend making rate... wich typically = more friends :D

simple rite?

tink of it dis way lar... if u see some rdm dude in d corner not talking 2 anyone... wud u go and talk 2 him? if u do.. great! d world shud have more ppl like u... but if u DUN.. well.. no blame dere! u mite b thinkin... eh.. y isn anyone talkin 2 him? is he boring? is dere sth wrong wid him? or mayb he jus likes being alone... shudn kacau him den...

wat u can tink of.. other ppl can too :)

i wudn say ur arrogant.. but perhaps u expect too much of other pple... yeah sure it feels good it someone COMES and talk 2 u... makes u feel... how 2 say ar... WANTED lar.. sth like dat LOL

but i tink its way better if u jus start and talk 2 ppl.. easiest way 2 noe ppl is thru ur friends.. get 2 noe ur friend's friends :) and work it out from dere.. if u click.. great :) if u dun... move on~

life is all about trying man :)

fyi.. u dun hav 2 make dem LIKE u... jus b urself... but being a lil humourous oways breaks d ice :) dis line is WAY cliched.. but dats d truth ^^

JS said...

Nice one Qi Hong.

How bout people with common interest?

Fellowships?Photography?Art/Drawing?MAgic cards,XD? Nerding? Guitar players?? Music/Rock band fans?

Should be easier to start a convo that way and click

magmachilli said...

How to say ar... I just don't want to get out of my comfort zone I guess. And hmmm I guess in some sense, I'm being arrogant because I don't really see any common link with the people around me. So... And in a sense, I don't see them as worth talking too. Wow... Self discovery. I'm arrogant! Ok I guess this is in ANU...

But of course, in general, I don't really see a common link with people. I guess it's easier in school than in university.

And fyi, I don't need to feel WANTED. In fact, I'm a person who just wants to be invisible. Get what I mean. I don't like attention. So...

All in all, haha I guess I won't be taking your advice very soon. But I might try to find the photography club next sem...

Haha if only my photo post got comments as long as this worthless post.

Yong-Sama said...

I think I can relate to you.. sometimes I find it hard to step out of that so called "comfort zone" too..

But I guess if people are seeing you shying away/ not making the effort to make friends and all that, they may also do the same and not approach you even if they wanted to in the first place, because they may be having the impression that you want to be left alone..

Try joining the uni's societies/clubs and all that lah, and do try to just, y'know come out of your shell and be who you are, and get to know some friends, you don't have to stay friends if you find out you don't like them later...

well, just my 20 sens la~ =D good luck jo!