Wednesday, June 08, 2011

30 Days Challenge: Day 02

Day 02: Where would you like to be in 10 years?

10 years is quite a long time. It is a little over 45% of my current life. It's like I have to increase my net worth, or add 45% more value to my self. That's quite a lot to think about.

I could try to add value to myself in terms of financial standing. A good job, preferably in a nice bank, an Investment Bank, doing equity research maybe? I don't know. In terms of career, I've just started working, so it all depends on what I find to be my strengths. I'm still getting to know myself. It could be in the assets I have. If I had a choice, I'd like to have a Imprezza, or maybe a Golf GTI by the time I'm 32. Wishful thinking. I'd also like to have owned some property by then. Hmmm.

Or I could try to add value to myself by being a family guy? In 10 years, I'd like to have found the right girl, settled down or maybe be at a stage where I'm prepared to settle down, start a family maybe. But hey, I'm already 22 and I've never been in a relationship. So looks like I already have a bad start.( some might say I don't even have one)

So we've discussed about love and romance and come to the conclusion that my aspirations are anything but close to reality. So what have I got to hope for?

I can only put faith and hope in this: to grow closer and closer to God throughout these 10 years. Corny as it may be, I personally feel that there's nothing more assuring than God's love. I might not have the money, the cars, the woma(e)n, but I have the assurance that God has a plan for me, not for my own insignificant aspirations and dreams, but for His will and purposes.

Sides, I don't know what's gonna happen in these coming 10 years. God knows, I don't. So come whatever may.

Preachy lol.

1 comment:

tin said...

yeah preachy lol