Thursday, June 09, 2011

30 Day Challege: Day 03

To view the first post which contains the whole list for the 30 Day Challenge, click here.

Day 03: Your views on drugs and alcohol.

First off, I'd like to state it off the bat that I have never smoked and never done drugs though I openly wished that I had at least have given weed a try while I was still in uni. I do however drink the occasional drink. I enjoy beer, especially Stella Artois, and I enjoy moscato, especially Brown Brothers Moscato. I think wine goes well with food, and I think tequila is really fun. Vodka's okay, love rum because of mojitos. I plan to take up scotch, cause it's stuck up poncy rich people alcohol.

Now my views on drugs first. Drugs, I've been led to believe, are bad for you. When I say drugs, I assume we're not talking about the products that are being produced by big pharmaceutical companies like Pfizer and the like. Drugs like marijuana, ecstasy, cocaine, those seem to be bad lifestyle choices that have severe effects on health, career and relationships. So drugs for me are a no go. Even cigarettes, I won't smoke em cause they're bad for your health and while it's cool and I sincerely think that they are very good social tools, they're not for me.

Alcohol, apparently is carcinogenic and bad for health too. Associated with various liver and kidney diseases, I've been trying to cut down on my consumption. I can't really drink that much anymore. Not that I could ever drink a lot.

So drugs and alcohol, generally bad. But no judgment on those who chose to consume such products. We're all entitled to choose what we want to do with our lives and money.

No comments: