Friday, July 18, 2008

Of Facebook and Greyscale.

I really don't know if I should do this, trying to keep my blog updated that is. But I don't really have much to do before semester starts. Actually I do but hey who cares.

Anyway I've done something I haven't done for a pretty long time: Log into Facebook. Now I've pretty much neglected it. I mean when I get the email that some update has happened or someone wrote on my wall, I'd log in but otherwise I'd do nothing with it. I'm starting to ramble. Anyway with nothing better to do, I log on. And something caught my eye. I've only got 30 odd friends. Hmmm that's sad, I thought to myself. Do I only have about 30 friends? So then in attempt to comfort myself in the thought that I had more friends, I looked at other friend's friends list to see who else has Facebook that I can add. And hahaha not much came up. Then it suddenly came to me. I don't really have many friends now do I? That's why I only have 30+ friends. Eureka! Ok now if you're gonna ask me to open up and be more friendly and stuff, well all I can say in response to that is it ain't easy for me but I'm trying. Oh and add me in Facebook! I don't mind having friends that aren't really my friends and all I care about is having the most Facebook friends. PS the statement before this is meant to be sarcastic.

OK I've shared my thoughts with you. Now look at some pictures. This collection is called Streets of Uptown, taken on the streets of KL on the 2nd of July. Editted in black and white as some pics were overexposed and this was the only way to save them. Usually I would loathe graininess in the pics, but I seem to like it in some of these pics. Well I hope you like them.

I respect your religious views, but why do you have to cover yourself like that?

Qi Hong modelling. Lolz...

I really like this pic. When I took it, the girl in front puts her hand over her friend and I thought damn I should have focused on them instead of this auntie. But I guess it still looks good in the end. Actually I'm not sure if I actually intended to focus on the two girls all along. I honestly can't remember. Well at least the photo turned out all right...

Can't imagine Qi Hong being fair. Well you can now!

Nice hair...

Random shot.

People setting up the stage at the end of the road that Sungai Wang is on. Near the crossroad.

Random shot.

Jun Sheng.

Waiting for the monorail.

In the monorail.

Random shot taken on the monorail.

Random shot taken on the monorail.

In KL sentral.

Cute couple. Lala guy though.


Well that's all for this collection. Thanks for reading. For more photos, check out my photoblog. I even put a link at the sidebar!

8 comments:

ChaosGenesis said...

haha.. i dun even have facebook (yet... seems like i'm gonna need 2 get one... not bcuz of peer presure.. but my club wants to use dat as an update mechanism LOL)

gah... dun judge a person by d number of frends dey have on social sites!!

i frankly believe a healthy social life doesn consist of a lot of friends... it consists of u being content with it O.o

of course... havin more frends technically increases the healthiness of ur social life... but dat isn oways d case...

frankly.. i wud rather have 5 close friends den 50 friends i dunu much about...

yes.. d 50 are good for hanging out (wat r d odds all 50 of dem wun b free? but with 5... running low on ppl 2 go out with is an obvious issue)... but rly... i dun tink i'm d kind of guy who wud get 1000+ friends on things like facebook and friendster LOL (i have less den 200 in friendster... but dats besides d point)

but den again... perhaps i'm a lil biased here... i'm not at all a fan of such social sites... i dunu y... but i jus dun give a rat's ass abt it O.o

well... like u said.. religious views :)

swt... pt proven.. i make a horrible model :D

yea d shot wud have been nicer if d shot was more focused on d girls

dats not fair... dats like... WHITE O.o

it act looks a lil rough/dry from d pic...

no cmt~

wonder wat dey were havin at nite O.o

no cmt again~

dats quite a nice pic of melt~ (long hair time :D)

LOL

no joke~

i like dis one better den d next~

i like d previous one better den dis~

d 2 guys look like dey're in a hurry XD

ahaha... cute in wat way? :)

funny how tings look classier in BnW :)

all in all.. nice pix!!! :D

magmachilli said...

in my defense, i think i can probably add like quite a number of people i think, but there's this thought that they might think to themselves: i'm not really close to this person, why he add me? well something like that. well i dunno. actually i'm sure they wouldn't have qualms with adding but i guess i overthink a lot of things...

well it would be great to have 50 close friends no? lolz...

anyway enough of all that bullshit. now on to the more important stuff. glad you think they are nice. i dunno but i feel i don't have the eye for photography unlike JS. oh well... i'm trying to improve. your comments mean a lot.

ChaosGenesis said...

fair enuf :)

oh yes.. it wud.. but no way u can get 50 close friends in a single group... u'd have to have i think.. at least 4-5 groups of dem O.o wich itself is a prob XD

hmm.. i dunu if u have an EYE for photography like JS... i mean.. i'm sure u guys look at things diffly... and dat wud affect how ur pix turn out...

IMO..

both of u are great in taking pix... jus... with a diff style O.o so d pix arent necessarily BETTER than one or d other... but its diff...

magmachilli said...

i don't know... i just don't feel confident in my ability to take pictures...

ChaosGenesis said...

of wich case is all it is...

u dun feel confident

dats it...

ur good ok? :)

ur jus not confident dats all ^^

magmachilli said...

here's the dilemma
it could be the case that me and not the camera is geng. so yeah... the equation might be 99.99% * camera +0.001 * me
get what i mean?

magmachilli said...

wait the statement is wrong. the camera and not me is geng. now that's better....

ChaosGenesis said...

LOL....

while i agree DSLR kicks serious booty....

i dun agree with how dat eqn turns out LOL...

even an awesome camera... in d hands of a noob... will produce horrible shots... its like a noob using bone fletcher (4give d dota ref... cant tink of much rite now LOL) back wen it wasn nerfed :D he'd still get owned ;)

so... i'm sure u play a much large part den 0.01% LOL (hence ur 1st statement wud b more accurate~)