Sunday, July 27, 2008

Random Thought 4

In Australia, random people on the street will ask you for change, and the odd person would ask you for $10 to go to the hospital because his girlfriend just got in an accident. It's pretty normal. And soon, you'd become a cynic and become very distrusting of the world. We'd find it hard to believe people when they ask for help, and it's very understandable. But what if the person really needs that extra buck to go home? Or to fill their stomach? You'd probably be thinking: but that guy is most probably going to take that money and buy a pack of cigarettes! And I think in most cases, that's true. I must say it's really hard to help people nowadays...

So how do I cope with it? If I really have change to spare, I'd give, and if they choose to misuse my trust, I'd trust God will help them change soon. And if I don't, then I'll just say sorry. It's a very idealistic way of thinking, and I guess not everyone can agree with the way I handle it.

Quite odd, this post is... But it's an update nonetheless...

4 comments:

ChaosGenesis said...

dats act a pretty good way 2 handle it...

i've rly lost my trust in dese ppl who ask for money...

*sigh*

wat has d world become?

wat have I become?

Anonymous said...

wa..noble jo!!

oo suddenly got emo comment by qh :P kdkd

well 10 aussie is like rm30+ wei..think wisely my friend :P..from an accountant's point of view!!

magmachilli said...

well i've never given $10 dollars cos i really can't afford that. but yeah it's sad how it's hard to trust people. what happened to the good old days?

ChaosGenesis said...

swt.. its not emo LOL

hahaha..yeah 10 AUD is a hellota money O.o

d good ol' days? well... gues it jus.. slipped away... society's decline >.<