Sunday, February 03, 2008

Switchfoot Live In KL: The Aftermath

Switchfoot Live In KL
This is not a review.
It's been a while since I've been to a concert, not counting church concerts and the like. Anyway, the verdict? It was pretty good. I can't say awesome because well I didn't enjoy myself as much as I could have. It's just this annoying chick just pushes her way through and keeps pushing me until I keep leaning back and having to lean on my cousin for support lest I fall. The dude behind me was shouting excessively, and when it's time to jump and I jump, he pushes me. Sigh. At first I was pretty front, but at the end of the concert I was quite a distance away from my friends. Was pushed back. And to top it off, the concert started like an hour late. Typical of Malaysians... And I think Malaysians are easily starstrucked, and they'll like drool all over their shoes at the sight of a famous person. Lolz...

Ok now the music. First we had Love Me Butch opening. Well I guess LMB isn't for everybody. The crowd wasn't very responsive. And next up we had Altered Frequency. Frontman Andy really put up a great show. Well the joke was lame and I shan't repeat it, but all in all it was fun! When it was done Switchfoot were next. To be honest, I felt disheartened when a few people in the crowd were like asking the local acts to finish quicker so that Switchfoot could come on faster. It's quite saddening that very few people support the local music scene. Anyway, Switchfoot! Well the frontman Jon looked high. Lolz. Was pretty funny to watch. But they rocked hard. Real hard. I feel kinda ashamed for thinking that they weren't heavy enough.

All in all it was a great night. Hope to be able to go to more gigs like this.

Oh yeah, to the chick who got the SG, I love you-r guitar! Let's hook up? LOLZ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL me first!!!!

tInKy said...

Ohhh~!! At least you enjoyed the music. I honestly dun like those opening acts. Local or not. I even hated the one that came on before LinkinPark in Melbourne.

Yes, I'm mean. Those opening acts are an opportunity for up and coming artists to gain more fans but... somehow doesn't work on me. :P HAHA!

Is our dear JO trying to be all play boy now? :P jsut for a guitar, tsk :P

magmachilli said...

Sigh... I cannot agree with you on the opening acts. It's like you're not giving other people a chance.

Me playboy? LOLZ... The day that happens is the day the sky falls down.