Friday, October 26, 2007

Jo vs STAT 1031 Assignment 2

I just finished my Introduction to Actuarial Studies Excel Assignment, and let me tell you, it was so so frustrating. I think my words alone might not be able to justify the intense emotions of hate and irritation I had for the assignment. Imagine running a bloody macro (no idea what i means? click here!) and having to wait 5 bloody minutes? Excel is not responding and my com is lagging like a bunch of seniors on the road. And once the macro is finished loading, I notice an error in my data and I have to go through the data and correct them and run the macro again. And VBA is so retarded. Not all Excel functions can be used on VBA it seems. A simple function like Ln cannot be used in VBA. But that's not really the problem as using Log instead would solve it. What got me worked up was the fact that I didn't know that the Ln function couldn't be used in VBA and I had to spend more than an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with my code. And did I mention that I'm using a 4 year old IBM Thinkpad? Not exactly powerful... But what I'm really bummed out about is that this is just a basic assignment but it's already quite annoying. In total 35000 simulations were runned but still I don't think it should take 5 long tormenting minutes to process it right?

You know what? I think you didn't really understand what i typed above, so let me summarise it for you. Actuarial studies sucks. (Well not really but I think it's fun to be a whinger...)

1 comment:

ChaosGenesis said...

hahahaa.....

well 4 years is a lil...old ...but it shudn take DAT long... :)

fyi..i had no idea wat u jus talked abt...

cheers~