Friday, February 11, 2011

Melaka 2011

Way overdue...

20110108-IMG_6492

The Melaka Trip is one that was really needed on my part. It's been a while since we've hung out, and it was a trip where I decided on certain things, which turned out inconsequential. But all in all, I really enjoyed myself.

More pictures after the jump.

20110108-IMG_6488
First night (actually the only night, come to think of it) we ate at Umbai, which is the Malay-er side of town, to put it politically incorrectly. Usually it's the Ikan Bakar that's the star, but I really liked the Fried Sotong. Then again, put flour on anything and I'll eat it. Except mushrooms.

20110108-IMG_6487.
Spent the night at Oriental Residence (actually not quite sure what it was called Definitely Oriental something). Was quite a cosy place, and the rates are extremely reasonable. Too bad I didn't take any pictures. Was too lazy. If I were to use one word to describe the place, it would be this: "RED".

Oh. We also had roti john after dinner. I've never had roti john before, so I've got nothing to compare to, but it was good. Too bad we ordered like too much. Way too much.

So the next day, we decided to chill and just do the tourist-y thing and eat around Jonker.

We had Chicken Rice Balls first.
20110109-IMG_6497
Chicken's decent. Definitely not the best. The best so far for me is this place near my house. Jeff's Kitchen. Ask me about it lol. But the chicken's certainly not bad. But the star is the chicken rice balls. Not sure if they still do it by hand, or is it mechanized.

20110109-IMG_6498
And you can't have chicken rice without chilli.

After that, we just hanged out along Jonker.

20110109-IMG_6508
Kai's pissed. Probably at me.

20110109-IMG_6510
Jia Ling, this picture will guarantee you an iced beverage.

20110109-IMG_6520
Another touristy thing.

20110109-IMG_6522
Smile. It's nice that they've made this nice spot where you can eat the ice kacang. Good government money spent.

20110109-IMG_6526
Another touristy thing to do was to buy pineapple tarts and cookies. And given that it was Chinese New Year soon, it was only apt to buy a couple.

20110109-IMG_6540
After all that, we needed a drink, at the elusive Limau Limau Cafe, recommended by Kai.

20110109-IMG_6561
The drinks served were super weird. Definitely a place worth vising imho.

20110109-IMG_6579

After all that fun in Melaka, we couldn't take it any longer and had to run home.

Actually we had to run from this:
20110109-IMG_6576
Killer pigeons.

Okay this post was super random, super discontinuous, and super bimbotic. But meh. I'm not feeling very sophisticated and cultured right now. Try again later.

The rest of the pics can be found here: Flickr Set

3 comments:

Yong said...

yay Malacca post! :D

ChaosGenesis said...

awesome stuff man!

glad to know someone did a post on the trip, with nice pictures to boot! :)

twas a fun trip :D we shud do it again some time :)

kaishin said...

lol damn it, so many (ok, only two) pictures making fun of me! too evil!!!

haha to be fair i had a good laugh :D

better late than never dude, so thanks for posting the pics!