Monday, April 26, 2010

Mormons vs Christians

Now, the title might suggest some Christian hostility towards Mormons, and I'd like to clarify that my views as a Christian do not represent the Christian community as a whole. Heck, there are many things that we Christians can't agree on as a collective. Talk about unity.

Anyway.

Now there's this 2 Mormon dudes (missionaries?) who I constantly see around campus. When I see them, I just don't like it. It's not like I hate them, but I think that the message that they are sharing and telling others is wrong and deceitful. To me as a Christian, they're only leading people down a dark road of death and destruction, and in the name of Jesus (and Joseph Smith?).

But when I think about it, wouldn't that be what they'd think I'm doing? Wouldn't that be the same thing people think about when they see me doing the same, spreading what I perceive as the truth? Wouldn't it be the case that others would think I'm trying to pervert the truth and drag people down with me into hell?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I guess I shouldn't see em Mormons as bad people. Just misguided people.

But it's hard, the Mormons seem so shady to me.

And I still sincerely hope that the girl doesn't become a Mormon this Saturday. Because being a mormon means wearing magic underpants.

ps: I don't hate Mormons. I just don't think the Book of Mormon should be taken seriously. But I realise that I have not much say as I have not read the book myself.

No comments: