Saturday, April 10, 2010

Apparently I'm emo. So when a friend said that she wanted to dress full on emo for a day, and asked so how to dress emo, I felt that being emo was something that I would be an authority in. But then it suddenly hit me, how do you dress emo? Is it black clothes, black shoes, black hair, black eyeliner? Wouldn't that make it goth? What's the difference between emo and goth? Is emo a fashion statement? Is it how you dress? Or is it the music you listen to? Or is it just your view of life?

I can't be bothered to think what the word 'emo' actually means. All I know is that it's one of those words that is multifaceted. And it's not something that is definite. It's subjective to the user, context and application.

Feeling emo?

2 comments:

mattbryan said...

emo is a state of one's current well being. emotionally. haha

magmachilli said...

well put. but that doesn't explain much of that person's current emotional well being? i dunno.