Friday, August 10, 2007

1リットルの涙

How many times have we given up? Isn't it sad we find it so easy to say it's hopeless? Be it pursues in life or love, when faced with a obstacle, all we do is complain and lose sight of our goals, wallowing in self pity and despair...

But there's are people who aren't like everyone else. One of them was Kitou Aya. Despite being told that there was no cure for her disease and slowly she'd lose function of her body, in the end she still lived a life that was full of hope and joy. President Roosevelt contracted polio and yet he still ran and was elected as the President of the United States of America and served his country. There are many other great individuals who were brought down by problems in life and yet they were still able to get back up on their two feet, well not literally, but they were still able to live a meaningful and inspiring life, and I can't help but think, if they can do it, why can't we?

Humans are actually known to be an versatile species, being able to quickly adapt to the changes in the environment it is in. Yet in reality, humans probably are the weakest species emotionally (probably due to the fact that humans are the only species with emotions). Our emotions and feelings influence our lives in many ways, too many for some of us. If we were to stay positive and happy, we'd be able to live life to the fullest. But if we were to look around us and see only misery and hopelessness, how then would we be able to have a positive outlook in life? I'm not sure if I'd be one who has the right to tell you about it, but this probably is the whole idea behind the Oprah Book of the Month, "The Secret".

To be honest, I'm still not sure what I'm typing about. I just am trying to express my thoughts and emotions after watching 1 Litre of Tears, but I'm probably not doing such a great job. I really enjoyed that show and was extremely touched, to the extent where I even cried, which is something I'm not very comfortable with... But after watching that show, I'm determined to live life like there's no tomorrow, to live day by day without regret. I guess it's something that is easier said than done, but I really hope that I can live like that. Without despair, without regret, without remorse, without 绝望.

1 Litre of Tears is a really great series. I'm not too sure about the accuracy about the dorama compared to the actual events. But regardless, highly recommended! Hmmm I should get my hands on the actual diary too!

Is it me or is she cute? Lolz ;p

Sorry but I feel this post is a little short. Sigh...

7 comments:

ChaosGenesis said...

haha..finally...a friggin update XD

yes...it is ez 2 lose sight of hope...dats y u c dose pple who commit suicide...sad rly...but sometimes i suppose u rly cant c any more light in ur life...

not evry1 is born equal...but in dis case...evry1 shud b able 2 get back up on deir feet aft dey fall...sadly not evry1 does...mayb it feels easier 2 jus give up...

haha...humans? well...as humans...we're pretty pathetic as infants..prob d weakest infants in d world are human babies...since dey dpen so much on parental care (u noe how fragile a human baby is dun u? XD) we are oni successful bcuz of our ability 2 learn and understand much quicker den d rest...emotions...it is our greatest asset and our most obvious weakness depending on d situation..emotions drive humans 2 do extraordinary tings...most of d time out of love...or perhaps out of fear.....out of...jus abt anything...but it is oso wat brings us 2 pieces at times...haha...two edged sword if u will... The Secret..is it about the Law of Attraction? i find dat a whole load of crap :P

joshua cry? now dats a 1st :P hehe...

omg..dun tell me ur...like is.....HER? Oo :P

magmachilli said...

Regarding The Secret, I also think it's very stupid. The idea where positivity is key for success,I agree, but that's about it. Well I probably should take a Saturday to go to Borders to just sit down and read that book. LOLZ...


To be honest, I cry easily. Shooosh don't tell anyone... ;p

I don't quite understand your last statement. I'm just saying she's cute. ;p

Yong-Sama said...

lol yea.. i agree with u she's cute too.. (the girl's a jap actress n singer btw qh.. lol.. main char for the drama jo was writing about)

yea n i was thinking of getting the my hands on the diary too.. wondering if it's been translated or not.. i'd go nuts trying to translate another jap book lolz

ChaosGenesis said...

haha....yes i agree wid +ve thinking as well ^^ but perhaps....not wishful thinkin ;)

haha...is dat so ....:P

rmbr u said u liked some1 ;)

haha...yeah i kinda guessed from his post dat she's d main char ^^

magmachilli said...

did i tell u that someone was you qiqi? i'm so jealous of YF LOLZ...

i do believe it has been translated to chinese. but i think i has yet to be translated to english. quite a few people are posting their translations online i think...

meep!~

ChaosGenesis said...

man dats gay...literally :P hehe...2 bad jo...we were nvr meant 2 b......HAHAHAHA LOLX

Jia Ling said...

Nice post.. after quite awhile. :)

I will watch the show!!

Oo.. so joshua likes that kind of girl? Trying to imply that? err.. XDD Jealous abt yf..lol

N oh. U cried.. man that's hard 2 believe. ;)