Thursday, October 23, 2008

Seal Bay, Kangaroo Island, South Australia

Taken at Seal Bay on Kangaroo Island, South Australia. Seals live freely here at this bay and we're so blessed to see this fat dog like creatures in their natural habitat. Sadly I couldn't get too near them, so with my kit lens I couldn't get many clear shots. I actually didn't expect the shots to come out as clear as they did. I cropped out A LOT of stuff. No fancy artsy editing (okay maybe a little) and no super shallow depth of field. Anyway here are the pics:

What the seals do is mostly sleep, since they spend like 48 hours out in the water hunting, escaping sharks, riding the waves...

Someone's feeling full of himself.

Sleeping soundly.
"Give me another 5 minutes..."

"High five!"

There was hardly any action on the beach...

*yawn*

Snore...

"I've returned!"

She calls, but who is listening?

Apparently when they return from the sea they call out to their young.

At long last, reunited...

Mom and pup.

The pic may look a tad bit too sharp.

END!

Comments and criticism much appreciated. My blog's pretty dead. And my photoblog is dead. I did post a few pics up though, so check it if you're free. Thanks for reading!

3 comments:

tInKy said...

Ooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The pup sooo cute!!!!!!!! Like you only! :D:D jkjk

Good shots! Perhaps there was enough sun that's why it could turn out so clear too. Nonetheless, awesome shots. I like the "give me 5 more minutes one" It really looked like the parents asking the kid to get up for school. HAHAHA!!

Hey. What do you think about a pro zoomer? :P Honestly, I really just wanna get a cam that can zoom super far and still get clear pics then Im happy :P

magmachilli said...

I think the fact that the shots didn't come out as sharp is more due to the fact that I shot this very far away and focus is less. Cos light won't really slow me down as I did manage to take shots at reasonable shutter speeds. I mean sure light would be great, but that's not really the stumbling block here.

You want to get into the stalker business is it? Well as always a DSLR will definitely produce a better quality shot compared to a P&S due to the fact that it has better specs. However the light weightedness of a P&S is definitely gonna trump the DSLR. Well if you just want to be a stalker I guess the P&S is fine. The main strength of a DSLR is the ability to control, so unless you want to cough up the dough for a DSLR, you're probably better off with the pro zoomer. But don't take my word for it. I don't know much, if anything. Ask Jun Sheng dammit!

kaishin said...

hahaha funny comments... "ask jun sheng dammit!" lol.

anyway the sleeping soundly one so cute!!!!!! makes me sleepy............ BED!!